1. Name of the camp:
“Zamek” [Castle] – the building of the Voivodeship Office in Kielce
2. Location of the camp:
Najświętszej Maryi Panny Sqaure in Kielce
3. Size of the camp:
A hectare and 8,043 square meters (with the garden).
4. Date of establishment of the camp:
Approx. 3–4 October 1939
5. Date of closure of the camp:
27 October 1939
6. Were the prisoners only Poles, only Jews from Poland, or Poles and Jews from Poland?
Only Polish Army officers
7. Were there any foreigners in the camp (nationality, number)?
8. Average number of prisoners in the camp:
9. Total number of prisoners who passed through the camp during its period of operation:
Approx. 800 people
10. What happened with the prisoners upon liquidation of the camp?
They were deported to POW camps in Germany.
11. Did the prisoners work in the camp? (types of work performed, types of workshops)
12. Did the prisoners work outside the camp? (types of work performed, locations)
13. How were the prisoners fed?
There was a kitchen in the camp which was run by the prisoners themselves, who had to rely on their own resources; the action was supervised by the Polish Red Cross.
14. Was there an infirmary or a hospital in the camp?
15. Where there any epidemics in the camp? (If yes, what kind)
16. Are data on the death rate in the camp available?
There were no deaths.
17. Were executions held at or outside the camp?
18. Were the corpses destroyed?
19. Was there a crematorium in the camp?
20. Was the burial site of the murdered victims determined?
21. Current condition of the camp – what was destroyed? What is located on the site of the camp?
Voivodeship Office in Kielce
22. Has any material evidence survived from the camp? (Type, place of storage, has it been secured?)
23. Are the surnames and, possibly, addresses of the people who had been imprisoned in the camp known?
24. Are the surnames of the Germans, the camp commander and other functionaries known?
Major Spengler and Capt. Hulle.
On 6 October 1945, the contents of the above questionnaire were officially certified by Ludwika Bazylewska, acting on the authorization of the president of the city of Kielce, with the Municipal Court in Kielce.