concerning mass executions and mass graves
Township: Janów village
Commune: Krępa Kościelna
1. Date and place of execution.
18 October 1942, Janów village.
2. Type of execution.
3. Personal data of the murdered victims.
Poles, Jews, foreigners: Poles.
How many people were murdered: 4 people
The victims were brought in from: Local residents of the Janów village.
Surname, age, occupation, address:
|1)||Antoni Jabłoński, 55 years old, a farmer|
|2)||Maria Jabłońska, 47 years old, a housewife|
|3)||Władysław Jabłoński, 22 years old, lived with his parents|
|4)||Edward Jaworski, 21 years old, a farmer – all residents of the Janów village, Krępa Kościelna commune.|
|4.||Is it known what the victims were accused of, whether the execution was carried out in retaliation, etc.?|
Maria Jabłońska quarrelled with her German neighbor over a goose.
5. Who carried out the execution (gendarmes, Gestapo men, SS men, policemen, the Wehrmacht)?
The gendarmerie unit from Iłza along with German civilians from Gozdawa dressed
in gendarme uniforms.
6. Are the surnames of the perpetrators known? (Give the surnames).
7. Were the corpses burnt or destroyed otherwise (where)?
The corpses were neither burnt nor destroyed.
8. Where were the corpses buried (provide the exact location)?
In the cemetery in Sienna.
9. Description of the place of burial (graves, dimensions, estimated number of victims buried in one grave).
Common grave, 3 meters wide and 2 meters long.
10. Were the corpses exhumed, were they officially reinterred (report)? If “yes” to the latter, then where?
11. Are there any grounds for conducting their exhumation in the future?
On 1 October 1945, the contents of the above questionnaire were officially certified by Kazimierz Grodzicki, the head of Krępa Kościelna commune, with the Municipal Court in Lipsko nad Wisłą.
At a hearing, the head of the commune added the following information to the one provided in the above:
9 September 1939 Citizen Antoni Jarosz, 33 years old, from Jawor Solecki, was killed by the German troops.
11 September 1939 Tomasz Jędraszek, 67 years old, from the Podolany village [was killed].
Autumn 1941 Zofia Szymańska, 19 years old, from Jawor Solecki, was killed without a reason.
May 1942 Jakub Maroszek was killed by the gendarmerie as an informant.
10 August 43 Marian Czuj, 26 years old, and Adam Baryla, 24 years old, from Krępa Górna, were killed.
24 December 1943 Antoni Zelga z Ratyńca, 31 years old, was killed.