concerning mass executions and mass graves
1. Date and place of execution.
5 and 20 August 1942 and 21 December 1942, village of Baranów.
2. Type of execution.
3. Personal data of the murdered victims.
Poles, Jews, foreigners: Poles
How many people were murdered: 9 people
The victims were brought in from: They were local residents of Baranów.
Surname, age, occupation, address: Stanisław Figura, Władysława Figura, Józef
Osiecki, Maria Mróz, Antoni Mróz, Stanisława Wróbel, Antonina Czapka, Stanisław
Mazurek, Stanisław Figura.
4. Is it known what the victims were accused of, whether the execution was carried out in retaliation, etc.?
5. Who carried out the execution (gendarmes, Gestapo men, SS men, policemen, the Wehrmacht)?
6. Are the surnames of the perpetrators known? (Give the surnames).
7. Were the corpses burnt or destroyed otherwise (where)?
They were not burnt – they were buried by the local populace.
8. Where were the corpses buried (provide the exact location)?
First in the grounds of the village of Baranów; later they were transferred to the
cemetery in Chotcza Dolna.
9. Description of the place of burial (graves, dimensions, estimated number of victims buried in one grave).
10. Were the corpses exhumed, were they officially reinterred (report)? If “yes” to the latter, then where?
11. Are there any grounds for conducting their exhumation in the future?
On 1 October 1945, the contents of the above questionnaire were officially certified by Władysław Sowiński, the head of Chotcza commune, with the Municipal Court in Lipsko.