concerning mass executions and mass graves
Township: Chotcza Dolna
1. Date and place of execution.
1943, village of Chotcza Dolna.
2. Type of execution.
3. Personal data of the murdered victims.
Poles, Jews, foreigners: Poles
How many people were murdered: 2 people
The victims were brought in from: The village of Białobrzegi, Chotcza commune.
Surname, age, occupation, address: Kazimierz Lasota, a farmer, and Władysław
Zagożdżon, a farmer.
4. Is it known what the victims were accused of, whether the execution was carried out in retaliation, etc.?
After their arrest they attempted escape; they were shot on the run.
5. Who carried out the execution (gendarmes, Gestapo men, SS men, policemen, the Wehrmacht)?
6. Are the surnames of the perpetrators known? (Give the surnames).
7. Were the corpses burnt or destroyed otherwise (where)?
8. Where were the corpses buried (provide the exact location)?
In the cemetery in Chotcza Dolna.
9. Description of the place of burial (graves, dimensions, estimated number of victims buried in one grave).
10. Were the corpses exhumed, were they officially reinterred (report)? If “yes” to the latter, then where?
11. Are there any grounds for conducting their exhumation in the future?
On 1 October 1945, the contents of the above questionnaire were officially certified by Władysław Sowiński, the head of Chotcza commune, with the Municipal Court in Lipsko.