concerning mass executions and mass graves
1. Date and place of execution:
Winter of 1944, by the Busko–Chmielnik road, in the village of Szaniec.
2. Type of execution (shooting, hanging, etc.):
3. Personal data of the murdered victims:
Poles, Jews, foreigners: Poles.
Number of murdered victims: 19.
The victims were brought in from: The jail in Busko-Zdrój.
Surname, age, occupation, address: I couldn’t determine the surnames, ages, occupations and addresses.
4. Is it known what the victims were accused of, whether the execution was carried out in retaliation, etc.?
It is unknown.
5. Who carried out the execution (gendarmes, Gestapo men, SS men, policemen, the Wehrmacht)?
6. Are the surnames of the perpetrators known (provide the surnames if known)?
7. Were the corpses burnt or destroyed otherwise?
8. Where were the corpses buried (provide the exact location)?
At the execution site.
9. Description of the place of burial (graves, dimensions, estimated number of victims buried in one grave).
19 victims in one grave, 5 meters by 6 meters large; presently the grave is partially uncovered. Sandy terrain.
10. Were the corpses exhumed, were they officially reinterred (report)? If “yes” to the latter, then where?
Some corpses – it hasn’t been determined how many – were taken by the families without official permission, and it remains unknown where they were subsequently buried.
11. Are there any grounds for conducting their exhumation in the future?
On 11 September 1945, the contents of the above questionnaire were officially confirmed by the head of Szaniec commune, Jan Bucki, with the Municipal Court in Busko-Zdrój.