concerning mass executions and mass graves
Township: Nowy Korczyn
Commune: Nowy Korczyn
1. Date and place of execution:
In November 1943.
2. Type of execution (shooting, hanging, etc.):
3. Personal data of the murdered victims:
Poles, Jews, foreigners: Poles.
Number of murdered victims: 3.
The victims were brought in from: Badrzychowice, Grotniki commune.
Surnames, ages, professions/occupations, addresses:
1) Julian Buczak, 24 years old; 2) Julian, 21 years old; 3) Jan Cezary, 32 years old. They were framers from Badrzychowice, Grotniki commune.
4. Is it known what the victims were accused of, whether the execution was carried out in retaliation, etc.?
They were accused of arms possession and membership of political organizations.
5. Who carried out the execution (gendarmes, Gestapo men, SS men, policemen, the Wehrmacht)?
6. Are the surnames of the perpetrators known (provide the surnames if known)?
The perpetrators are dead.
7. Were the corpses burnt or destroyed otherwise?
They were buried.
8. Where were the corpses buried (provide the exact location)?
Nowy Korczyn on the River Nida.
9. Description of the place of burial (graves, dimensions, estimated number of victims buried in one grave):
2 meters by 30 centimeters by 1.20 meters.
10. Were the corpses exhumed, were they officially reinterred (report)? If “yes” to the latter, then where?
Yes, by the families.
11. Are there any grounds for conducting their exhumation in the future?
On 21 September 1945, the contents of the above questionnaire were officially confirmed by the head of Nowy Korczyn commune, Marcin Tomasik, with the Municipal Court in Busko-Zdrój.