concerning mass executions and mass graves
Township: Nowy Korczyn
Commune: Nowy Korczyn
1. Date and place of execution:
November 1943, Parchocin.
2. Type of execution (shooting, hanging, etc.):
3. Personal data of the murdered victims:
Poles, Jews, foreigners: Poles.
Number of murdered victims: 5.
The victims were brought in from: Parchocin.
Surnames, ages, professions/occupations, addresses:
1) Paweł Czekaj, 35 years old; 2) Teofil Czekaj, 26 years old; 3) Kołodziej, 35 years old; 4) Stanek, 37 years old, and 5) Otręba, 42 years old – farmers from Parchocin, Pawłów commune, and Boduch, 23 years old, a farmer from Parchocin, Pawłów commune.
4. Is it known what the victims were accused of, whether the execution was carried out in retaliation, etc.?
Some were accused of arms possession, some of membership in political organizations.
5. Who carried out the execution (gendarmes, Gestapo men, SS men, policemen, the Wehrmacht)?
6. Are the surnames of the perpetrators known (provide the surnames if known)?
Fischer, Kora, Krepsch and others.
7. Were the corpses burnt or destroyed otherwise?
They were buried.
8. Where were the corpses buried (provide the exact location)?
By St. Nicholas’ cemetery.
9. Description of the place of burial (graves, dimensions, estimated number of victims buried in one grave):
2 meters by 3 meters by 1.5 meters.
10. Were the corpses exhumed, were they officially reinterred (report)? If “yes” to the latter, then where?
The corpses were exhumed, but no report was made; the corpses were buried at the Roman Catholic cemetery of the parish of Świniary.
11. Are there any grounds for conducting their exhumation in the future?
On 21 September 1945, the contents of the above questionnaire were officially confirmed by the head of Nowy Korczyn commune, Marcin Tomasik, with the Municipal Court in Busko-Zdrój.