concerning mass executions and mass graves
Township: Nowy Korczyn
Commune: Nowy Korczyn
1. Date and place of execution:
25 July 1944.
2. Type of execution (shooting, hanging, etc.):
3. Personal data of the murdered victims:
Poles, Jews, foreigners: Poles.
Number of murdered victims: 10.
The victims were brought in from: Nowy Korczyn.
Surnames, ages, professions/occupations, addresses:
Adam [surname unknown], 38 years old, platoon leader in active service; Stanisław Zając, 26 years old, farmer; Edward Byczek, 31 years old; three unknown Poles from Pińczów district, Nowy Korczyn, and Stopnica district; Karol Szulc, 50 years old, pharmacy owner; Władysława Zielińska, 40 years old, the secretary’s wife; Kazimierz Wąsowicz, 33 years old, merchant – all from Nowy Korczyn.
4. Is it known what the victims were accused of, whether the execution was carried out in retaliation, etc.?
For an action against the gendarmerie in Nowy Korczyn.
5. Who carried out the execution (gendarmes, Gestapo men, SS men, policemen, the Wehrmacht)?
6. Are the surnames of the perpetrators known (provide the surnames if known)?
7. Were the corpses burnt or destroyed otherwise?
At the Roman Catholic cemetery of the parish in Nowy Korczyn.
8. Where were the corpses buried (provide the exact location)?
In a stone grave of standard dimensions.
9. Description of the place of burial (graves, dimensions, estimated number of victims buried in one grave):
10. Were the corpses exhumed, were they officially reinterred (report)? If “yes” to the latter, then where?
11. Are there any grounds for conducting their exhumation in the future?
On 21 September 1945, the contents of the above questionnaire were officially confirmed by the head of Nowy Korczyn commune, Marcin Tomasik, with the Municipal Court in Busko-Zdrój.