on mass executions and mass graves
1. Date and place of execution:
May 1942 in Kosów.
2. Type of execution (by shooting, by hanging, etc.):
3. Personal data of the murdered victims:
Poles, Jews, foreigners: Poles.
Number of murdered victims: About 24 people.
The victims were brought in from: From Radom.
Surname, age, occupation, address: No details.
4. Is it known what the victims were accused of, whether the execution was carried out in retaliation, etc.?
It is unknown.
5. Who carried out the execution (gendarmerie, Gestapo, SS, police, Wehrmacht)?
The gendarmerie, the Gestapo.
6. Are the surnames of the perpetrators known (please provide the surnames)?
7. Were the corpses burned or destroyed in any other way?
Some of the corpses were burned on the spot.
8. Where were the corpses buried (exact location)?
In the Kosów estate, in a forest, about 200 m away from the ponds and 450 m away
from the Radom–Kielce road.
9. Description of the grave(s) (size, estimated number of victims buried in one grave)?
Eight meters long, half a meter wide.
10. Was there an official exhumation? Were the corpses buried officially, and if so, where?
11. Are there any grounds for exhumation in the future?
On 4 October 1945, the contents of the above questionnaire were officially certified by Stanisław Deja, the head of the Kowala Commune, with the Municipal Court in Radom.