On ... 194 … [no date] in Warsaw, Judge Halina Wereńko, a member of the District Commission for the Investigation of German Crimes in Poland, heard the person named below as an unsworn witness. Having been advised of the criminal liability for making false declarations, the witness testified as follows:

Name and surname Kazimierz Górski
Date and place of birth 11 July 1895 in Sąd, Sochaczew county
Parents’ names Jan and Maria née Sobczyńska
State affiliation and nationality Polish
Religious affiliation Roman Catholic
Occupation physician
Place of residence aleja Wojska Polskiego 29, flat 70
Criminal record none

During the Warsaw Uprising, I was in charge of organizing a sanitary post at Gdańska Street 2, which was moved to the insurgent hospital no. 100 at Krechowiecka Street 6 around 25 September 1944 (I don’t remember the exact date).

The Uprising authorities (the county office in agreement with the Home Army command) set up a commission for the investigation of German crimes in the block of flats at Gdańska Street 4, in the so-called Pekin [English: Beijing; an overcrowded house]. I was appointed to the commission as a representative of the sanitary authorities. We received information that around 15 September, when the Germans were taking over the house at Gdańska Street 4, they had murdered civilians there. Around 25 September, the Germans were forced out of that house by the insurgents.

I arrived on the spot with other commission members and we saw four corpses lying on the ground floor: three men and a woman, all in a state of advanced decomposition. Examination revealed that all of them had been executed with firearms, and if I remember correctly, all had been shot in the head. On the staircase leading to the first floor was the corpse of a child, about three years old, also shot in the head and in a state of decomposition. The corpses were later identified by the local community. On site, the commission drafted scene investigation reports, which were later submitted to the Uprising authorities.

The hospital at Krechowiecka Street 6 was taken by Wehrmacht soldiers on the afternoon of 30 September 1944. No crimes were committed on the hospital premises except for the execution of an Uprising officer, codename Gryf, and of a woman who was with him, though it is important to note that the officer had a revolver in his hand when he was executed. On 2 and 3 October, the hospital was evacuated to Tworki.

At that the report was concluded and read out.