Accessibility Statement of the Pilecki Institute website
The Pilecki Institute is committed to providing access to its website in accordance with the provisions of the Act of 4 April 2019 on digital accessibility of websites and mobile applications of public entities.
The accessibility statement applies to the website: https://www.zapisyterroru.pl/dlibra
Date of website publication: 2016.08.04
Date of last major update: 2021.04.01
The website is compliant with the Act of 4 April 2019 on digital accessibility of websites and mobile applications of public entities.
The statement was prepared on: 2021.03.31
The statement was prepared on the basis of a self-assessment made by the public entity.
Feedback and contact information
In case of any problems with website accessibility, please contact Karol Kalinowski via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: +48 660 976 687. Use the same contact information to submit requests for access to non-accessible information and requests for ensuring accessibility.
Anyone may request that a website, a mobile application or any element thereof be made digitally accessible. You can also request that information be made available through an alternative means of access, e.g. that a digitally non-accessible document be read out or a video with no audio description be described, etc.
The request should contain:
- the identity of the person submitting the request,
- an indication of which website or mobile application the request pertains to,
- a method of contact.
The person requesting information through alternative means of access should also specify the preferred method of presentation of information.
The public entity should comply with the request immediately – within 7 days from the date of the request. If this time limit cannot be met, the public entity will immediately inform the person making the request when their request can be complied with, which must happen within 2 months from the date of the request.
If digital access cannot be ensured, the public entity may offer an alternative method of access to information. If the public entity refuses to ensure accessibility or provide an alternative method of access to information, the person making the request can file a complaint concerning accessibility to a website/mobile application or an element thereof.
Once the above-mentioned procedure has been exhausted, you can also submit a request to the Polish Ombudsman.
- The Pilecki Institute seat at Foksal Street 17 in Warsaw:
The building is entered through the entry gate located on Foksal Street. There is a single step (6 cm / 2.4 inches above the ground) to get to the double doors (90–170 cm / 35.4–67 inches wide) leading to the staircase. The intercom button with the name “Instytut Pileckiego” and the institute’s logo is located 160 cm / 63 inches above the ground, on the right hand side of the door. Next to the entrance, on the façade of the building from the side of Foksal Street, there is a panel with the name and the logo of the Pilecki Institute.
The seat of the institute is located on the 4th and 5th above-ground levels of the building. The stairs begin at the level of the entrance to the staircase. A lift is available – the door to the lift is located 42 cm / 16.5 inches below the level of the entrance to the staircase (2 steps down). The lift (floor space 90 x 120 cm / 35.4 x 47.2 inches; door 79 cm / 31 inches wide) can stop at every above-ground floor of the building. There is a fixed steel ramp connecting the level of the lift door with the level of the entrance to the staircase.
On the 3rd floor (4th level of the building) – where the entrance to the institute’s Secretariat is located – an intercom is 135 cm / 53 inches above the floor. The corridors leading to individual rooms are at least 160 cm / 63 inches wide on the 3rd floor (4th level of the building), and at least 90 cm / 35.4 inches wide on the 4th floor (5th level of the building). There are no doorsteps on either of these floors. Toilets are not adapted to the needs of the disabled. A disabled parking space is located across the street, next to the entrance to the building on Foksal Street 18. Service dogs are allowed in the building. The assistance of a sign-language interpreter on site is not provided. Free Wi-Fi is available.
In the following years the Pilecki Institute is planning a renovation of the 4th floor, which will include adapting the toilets to the needs of the disabled.
- The Pilecki Institute seat at Sienna Street 82 in Warsaw:
The building can be entered from two sides:
- the main entrance is an automatic sliding double door (146 cm / 57.5 inches wide when fully opened) leading to the reception.
- another entrance is located from the side of Sienna Street – the door is 85 cm / 33.5 inches wide. A small ramp of 8-cm / 3.1-inches leads to a room with a passenger lift, which will take you to the 4th floor of the building. The size of the lift: floor space 160 x 95 cm / 63 x 37.4 inches; door 85 cm / 33.5 inches wide). This entrance is secured with an access control system. Those who would like to enter this way can ask for access at the reception on the ground floor (accessible through the main entrance).
Next to the entrance, on the façade of the building from the side of Sienna Street there is a panel with the name and the logo of the Pilecki Institute.
The premises include an office building (6 aboveground levels and 1 underground level) with an extension (2 aboveground levels). The Pilecki Institute offices are located on the 1st, 4th and 5th floors (the lift goes up to the 4th floor).
The offices are connected by corridors which are approx. 160 cm / 63 inches wide. The doors to the institute office space on the 1st, 4th and 5th floors are 80 cm / 31.5 inches wide. The doors to individual rooms and toilets are 85 cm / 33.5 inches wide on the 4th floor, and 70 cm / 28 inches wide on the 5th floor. There are no doorsteps on any of these floors. Toilets are not adapted to the needs of the disabled. Staircase landings are 126 cm / 50 inches wide.
There are 11 parking spaces in the courtyard – rented by tenants and available for the institute’s employees and guests. Service dogs are allowed in the building.
The assistance of a sign-language interpreter on site is not provided. Free Wi-Fi is available.
In 2021 the Pilecki Institute’s seat at Sienna Street will undergo an extensive renovation and reconstruction, which will include the adaptation of the building to the needs of the disabled.
In case of questions or concerns, please contact us:
tel.: (22) 182 24 00
- The Pilecki Institute seat in Berlin at Pariser Platz:
The seat of the Pilecki Institute in Berlin is located on two floors of the building at Pariser Platz 4a. On level 0 you will find the hall and the reception, a café, conference halls, reading room and office spaces. On level -1 you will find the exhibition space, cloakroom and toilets.
The building can be entered via two entrances located on the side of Pariser Platz.
- You can enter the institute is through a single-leaf door (110 cm / 43.3 inches wide, located on the ground level. During office hours the door is open (unlocked) and visible from the reception. Please knock if you need help with opening the door. The stairs in the hall lead to level -1. Size of the steps 18 x 27 cm / 7 x 10.6 inches; 150 cm / 59 inches wide. The number of steps 15 + 6, landing size 150 x 300 cm / 59 x 118 inches.
- The entrance to the building is to the right of the entrance to the institute, through two-leaf exterior door (100+100 cm / 39.4+39.4 inches wide) located on the ground level. The button used to ring the reception of the building is 110 cm / 43.3 inches above the ground, on the righthand side of the door. The two-leaf interior door (100+100 cm / 39.4+39.4 inches wide) is open and leads to the reception hall. Straight ahead is the double door (100+100 cm / 39.4+39.4 inches wide) leading to the staircase. On the right there are 2 passenger lifts (95 cm / 37.4 inches wide). Once you exit the lift, the single-leaf door (135 cm / 53.1 inches wide) on the right leads to the exhibition space. The door is opened by the employees of the institute who have to be notified in advance.
Additionally, in the institute’s reception hall on the right there is a double door (100+100 cm / 39.4+39.4 inches wide) with a door handle, which connects the institute with the hall of the building.
There are no doorsteps on either of these floors. The toilet is located on level -1 and is adapted to the needs of the disabled. There is no parking space and no disabled parking space. Service dogs are allowed in the building. The assistance of a sign-language interpreter on site is not provided. Free Wi-Fi is available.
In case of questions or concerns, please contact us:
tel.: 030 27578955